Sunday, July 17, 2011

Printed Fabric Pillows…Taking Orders Now!

Last fall I fell in love with the Vintage Linen Pillows that were becoming all the rage. Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware and local boutiques were sporting them in all shapes and sizes with vintage images of birds, butterflies and botanicals. It seemed to be the next phase in the ever-so-popular Grain Sack Pillow.
Pottery Barn pillow1
Photo Courtesy of Pottery Barn
I was already making the burlap pillows with stenciled French script, but these were so time consuming and not nearly as intricate as the graphic pillows I craved!
So….naturally (if you know anything about the way my twisted brain works), I had to find a way to re-create the same look for Urban Farmhouse! I had heard about printing directly onto fabric, so I thought I’d give it a whirl!
After LOTS of trial and error, and saving up for a huge industrial size printer…VOILA!
Here they are!
  bird on map (2)compress
Once I figured out how to make this process work, I realized the possibilities were endless! I got into a Printed Vintage Pillow Obsession!
frenchstyle (2)
frenchstyle (4)
rosepillows (17)
The Butterfly Series on Vintage Postcards…My All-Time Favorites!
rosepillows (14)
rosepillows (19)
rosepillows (10)
rosepillows (15)
These pillows were flying off the shelves at Urban Farmhouse! The butterfly series completely sold out the day after I brought them in. Whew, that’s a lot of printing and sewing!
How to Place An Order
Pillow Slips are $32 (plus shipping cost). The slips fit a standard 16” insert. Inserts are sold separately for $12.
Email me at Baylorkls@aol.com to order. Custom designs and sizes can be ordered for an additional fee. Paypal Payments are accepted and I can ship just about anywhere! (Allow 2-3 weeks as these are made especially for you when the order is placed.)

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love the pillows!

Anonymous said...

What printer did you use? Thanks!

Kristen @ Urban Farmhouse said...

Hi there,
I had them printed on a friend's printer a long time ago so I'm not really sure what she used. Sorry! Have a great day!

argehrke said...

So you said that you bought an industrial printer and now you say that you had a friend print them a long time ago......which one is it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...