Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tablecloth Curtains

Why do most ready-made curtains come in only 86" length? I hardly know anyone that has windows this size. Not only that, but why are curtains so expensive? I'll let you in on a little secret I've been doing in my house lately…

The tablecloth curtains. This is gonna make you say, "Why didn't I think of that?" The idea hit me standing in the aisle of Target a few months back when I saw some awesome prints on clearance in, get this, 60" x 104" lengths! I was so excited and the best part was that they were marked down to around $13 a piece!!! You can't even buy 104" of fabric at the fabric store for this price! The fabric is a nice heavy weight too.



You can still purchase them here but they aren't on sale right now, still for $18.99 a piece, its still a great deal. They're ready to hang and since I don't sew, this is right up my alley! I just installed my curtain rod and bought matching ring clips here.

I clipped the back of each panel to make them have sort of a pinch pleat look at the tops…..and voila! So simple and it's so much more finished looking in this room now.


The only issue I've run into so far is that my 19-month old likes to play peek-a-boo and tugs them down, hence the puddling at the bottom. But for $26 total, I'll just get on the ladder and adjust every now and then.

I just completed doing the same thing with this print in my great room and kitchen nook. I'll take pictures and post these as well soon. Anyone else out there doing this with tablecloths? I'd love to get some more inspiration!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg! Great idea!
I will share this with a friend that is looking for long curtains as we speak!
Tina Khoury

Kristen @ Urban Farmhouse said...

Thank you, Tina!!! I'll try to post some more pictures of the ones I did in my breakfast nook. Good to hear from you!!! Xo

arpita said...

Yes! I totally agree. Curtains are so expensive! And I don't get why. We tried using bedspreads as curtains this one time. Got them cut to size and rings put :)

And I love the colour of your curtains. Such a pretty blue-green.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...