Tuesday, January 12, 2010

OMG!!! Word Wall Trick

I'm about to Rock Your World if you LOVE the look of hand-painted lettering on your Walls. I went into a model home (BTW...great way to get clever design ideas) last month and loved just about every inch of what the design team had done with the space. It was Over-the-Top GORGEOUS and the Best Part was that it was very similar to my floor plan. It really helped me to look at my space in a new light and try some design ideas I might never have thought of.

One of the first things that grabbed my attention was the dictionary definition of "Family" along an expanse of what would otherwise be a boring, blank wall. I have a long wall at the top of my stairwell that I've been agonizing over what to place there for two years to be Exact. When I saw this...it was that "Ah-Ha!" moment for me!


Since seeing this Word Wall, I've been trying to decide how to go about executing it so that everything looks straight and the spacing is exact. I knew this could be acheived with vinyl stick on lettering, but I don't have a big budget to spend on a hall wall and I think hand painted is so much prettier. It's a really big space and so I know the letters will have to be magnified by quite a bit.

Then I ran across this great blog, My Sweet Savannah , which happens to have the step-by-step tutorial for this exact word wall idea! I'm guessing the team that furnished the model home where I got the idea from, probably got the idea from this blogger in the first place!


I'm so EXCITED! Not only am I about to try this Word Wall out this weekend on my upstairs hall wall, but I've come up with about 6 other ways to use this technique around the house. The best part is that other than getting it magnified at Kinko's, it's virtually FREE! Love Me Some Free!!!!

I hope you get some great ideas!
xo, Kristen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...